Saturday, February 16, 2008

When will I learn?


I'm the classic procrastinator when it comes to buying things for myself, especially at full price. So, this morning, I was up early with the girls and saw an ad on TV for and upcoming Billy Joel concert at Shea Stadium in Brooklyn. It happens to be the last concert that will ever be held there before the stadium is torn down following the 2008 baseball season.

B and I have always said we'd like to go to one of his concerts, and where better to see him than in NYC?

So, tickets went on sale at 9am. At 9:50am, I thought about it, and hopped online to see what the prices were, and here's where you enter my mind....

9:50am-Hmm, wonder what tickets to that concert cost. That would be a fun thing for me and B to do.

Make a few clicks, and there it is, 2 tickets $95 each. I chose best available, and all that was left was upper seats. Not where I'd love to be, but can't be bad...unless it's raining. The concert is on a Wed. night, so would B want to take off work? What would we do with the girls? I know the Swindells have no plans to visit in July, maybe I could call my parents and tell them to visit with us at that time. Should I call mom now, or maybe I should just buy the tickets and figure it out later. It's still months away. Maybe I should just buy them anyway, I'm sure I could sell them. Hmmm....maybe I should B to check with him. At this point, I'm watching the "5 min. left before these tickets are released button." It's going down, I put the computer down and walk to find my phone. I call B, he says go for it. I go back, of course, my time is up, but I sign back on. ALL, and I do mean ALL the tickets are sold out! Now, don't get me wrong, it's not the end of the world for me, otherwise, I would have known to hit the buy button without asking all the questions. I'm getting up there in age, so maybe that's it. Or, could it be that the last concert I went to was prekids, and my friend Mandy supplied me with that one, so I didn't actually do the purchasing.

I do know one thing. I'm going to do myself a favor and not watch what they go for on ebay. I would really feel like an idiot then if they turn into one of those Hanna Montana crazes.

Learn from my mistakes, and dont' ask questions, JUST DO IT!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

And I thought I thought too much! HA! It's a great show - normally Billy Joel will release seats at the last minute before the show and they are normally behind the stage, which is the best spot. I'm not sure how that would work in a baseball stadium. But keep checking - some more may open up and this time, DON'T WAIT!