Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Swim Lessons

Both girls started in May. Lise' had experienced a few lessons at the YMCA in Jersey, but it only succeeded in getting her comfortable with the water and putting her face down in it. My goal for both girls was that if they fell into our pool without my knowledge that they could get themselves to the side.


I loved how the lessons never put any type of floatation device on the kids.
At first, Lise' was a thorn in her instructor's side. She was so thrilled that she could go underwater. She would continually bob up and down like a cork.

By the end of the third lesson, she was swimming across the pool.

Abri was a little slower at the whole idea of going underwater.


I'm happy to report that both girls are now official fish. Both have exceeded my expectations. Lise' is a natural and hasn't worn any type of floatation device since May. Abri evenutally came around once she figured out it wasn't so bad. Now I can't keep her out of the water, and although she can swim without a float, she's a dare devil, so unless all my attention is focused on her, you'll still see one around her waist. Her favorite thing is to dive down to the bottom, and she can do it. Sometimes she shoots too high and runs out of air on the way up.

No comments: