Wednesday, February 10, 2010

2010 Blizzard

Lucky for you, I've had nothing but time. The girls went a little stir crazy, so I put their snowsuits on and let them loose on the back porch. At the moment, we're still in whiteout conditions for the next few hours, and who knows how much snow will be there for me to shovel tomorrow.

Here's a few pictures from the day. I'll post the outcome tomorrow.

A shot early in the day. The snow was continuous through the night. Around noon, we had a sleet/snow mix that compacted the earlier snowfall. Then this afternoon, the blizzard conditions began.


If you look closely, you'll notice the path my neighbors created for me next to the car with their snow blower. It didn't take long for it to be covered with another seven inches of snow.

Sometime around 4pm, the girls got stir crazy. We had plans to go to a friends house for dinner, but after surveying the streets, I was afraid to get out and stuck with B down in Florida. So, we suited Lise' & Abri up and let them loose on the backporch. They remained their for an hour and returned drinched from fun.



The real part of the blizzard began.

Notice the inch of snow on top of her hat.


Our our front window.








No comments: