Tuesday, April 8, 2008

I didn't forget


I know you like the new sites and all, but what you really want is info on us, right? Last week, Lise' started ballet lessons through the local park system. She's been excited for weeks, and when the day finally came, I think she was overcome by the experience. She had no trouble saying goodbye to me at the door, but once in, she participated minimally. I would peek through the tiny window on the door periodically, and she was up against the wall taking it all in. When she came out, she was wide-eyed but smiling. Once we were home, she couldn't wait to show me what all she learned. All week, she practiced in front of anyone who would watch. We talked about the next week and how much fun it would be to try some new things. So, yesterday was the big day. She wore her favorite pink costume and didn't hesitate to line up with the rest of the girls to go in. I could hear the music through the door, and I cannot tell you how much fun it was to peek in and see her dancing too. I wish I could video that. The best I can do is the video of when we get home after the first lesson. More videos to come.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Like mother like daughter. I can remember Julie standing on the sidelines at tap/ballet classes at BREC in BR when she was around Lise's age. But when the big dress up dance recital came, she was out there dancing away. I couldn't have been prouder. This film brought tears to my eyes!
Love,
Mom aka Grandma