Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Still down south.

I know, everyone is sitting on the edge of their seats just waiting to find out what we've been doing each and everyday of our visit in Louisiana. Well folks, the wait is over. I hope you can hold onto your hats.

Tue, March 11-this was our chill out day. We had been going nonstop with all our friends along the way, so we stayed put at Grandma's for the day. Lise' ran a small fever too, so it wasn't a bad idea.

Wed, March 12-fever gone. Lise' ran around just fine. We drove to Mandeville that afternoon to visit Mimi's classroom. It was Lise's first trip into a real school. Her favorite part of the day was drawing on the white boards with dry erase markers-the nemesis of mothers everywhere. Try getting that out of their clothes!

Thursday, March 13-We were back in BR. We didn't do much of anything. The girls had a great time playing in the kiddie pool in the backyard. They haven't been out since we moved to NJ, so they are enjoying the sunshine to the extreme. That night was a special one for me. My friend Christy and I snuck out for a girls night out. We did the usual, dinner and snooping in her sister's home with a flashlight after dark. (It's under construction). It was the best night out I had in a long time.

Friday, March 14-Another quiet day. Mom took off, so we hit a few stores in the morning and made the pilgrimage to the new Bass Pro Store in Denham. It was a lucky day for us b/c we were greeted by Dora the Explorer and Diego, Lise's new favorite shows, although she didn't want to get near them.



We had a nice lunch at the Islamorada Fish Company restaurant in the store. The food was delicious, and the atmosphere was great for kids.

Saturday, March 15-The luck of the Irish brought beautiful weather to BR for the annual St. Patrick's Day parade. We watched the parade where the floats line up, and the girls were loaded with more beads than they could count. They were too cute in their matching green shirts. By the time the parade was over, the temperature was near 85 degrees, so the pool was pulled out once again. They must have spent two or three hours out there having a ball. Once the fun subsided, we traveled to Hammond for the night to spend some time with Mimi and Papa.

Oh, I almost forgot...while the girls were having fun in the sun, B was skiing at Camelback in the Poconos, which is about 1.5 hrs from our house. He and a buddy from USG hit the slopes. He said it was a little icy, but the fun came at the end of the day when they signed up for "pond skimming." It's where you ski/board down the slope and skim the pond. yes, you end up in the water, soaking wet.....and they didn't even bring a towel. Poor Mike was drenched while he waited for B to take a turn. Here he is.



Sun, March 16-The fun continues. The weather couldn't be nicer, and the girls were once again in the yard the majority of the day. Unfortunately for all of us, the pollen has started to fall, and anyone from here knows the look of the "green" car. Lise', me and Abri were all affected, and by that afternoon, I had decided Lise' needed to go to the doctor. The verdict, ear infection and upper respiratory infection. At least we caught it early.

That night, mom cooked a dinner for all of her little chickadees (minus B). MawMaw joined us for dinner, as did PJ's girl (as Lise' refers to Arielle-I hope I spelled that correctly). It's always nice to sit around the table. That night, Abri ran a slight fever and had a nice little cough.

Mon, March 17-Lunch with Dad at Picadilly and a visit with PawPaw Dysart rounded out the day. Unfortunately, Abri only worsened, so as soon as the clinic opened, I took her to the doc, and she has a double ear infection. Poor thing. What can you do?

After she was fed and medicated, I snuck off again. This time with Addie. We had a tasty italian dinner downtown. I forget how nice it is to have an adult dinner. If it weren't for the mommy factor for me and the work factor for her, we might have ordered another glass of wine. Maybe next time.

Tue, March 18-Mom's off again, and we hit a few fabric stores. By noon, I wasn't feeling great, so we headed home for lunch and a nap. Lise' seems to be improving, but Abri is having a tough time. On top of that, I think her antibiotic is hyping her up right before bed. She didn't' go down until almost 10pm. That's unheard of for her. She's down now, so hopefully she'll stay that way tonight.

As for tomorrow, I'm not sure what is on the agenda. B is supposed to be flying in late, but with the weather moving across the country, who knows what will happen. We're keeping our fingers crossed b/c we sure do miss our daddy!

1 comment:

Angie said...

I used to love watching the pond skimming up at the Canyons in Park City. I was never brave enough to do it myself though. When I was in Louisiana, my sister and I at at Raisin' Caines(?) and it was really good. I've been craving it ever since and there's nothing that really compares out here. I wish I was there!