Monday, March 10, 2008

It's been a long, hard trip, but we're here!

Yes, this post comes to you from Louisiana. One week and 2 days later, we've arrived. Of course, we stopped along the way, so don't think I broke down or anything. We spent an entire week with Ira & Flossie. What a week! The kids played well, and we had a good visit. What more could you ask for? On Saturday morning, we hit the road again. It was sad to say goodbye, but we knew there was more fun ahead of us in Daphne, AL (near Mobile). There, we stayed with our friends the Fahertys. Their son, Trey, is a year older than Lise', so she had another buddy to get in trouble with. They enjoyed each other for 2 days, and this morning, the girls and I packed our bags and headed to Grandma's. For some reason, the 3 hr leg was the shortest in time, but the hardest on Abri. It was nice to pull into the driveway knowing we'd be here for 2 weeks. I finally get a break!

Already, Lise' has raided the costume box for new dance outfits, and the girls have played in the hose. We missed our afternoon nap, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that an early bedtime is in order. Wish me luck.

No comments: