Wednesday, August 25, 2010

What do you know

I just posted the pics of all the deer that have been gracing our back yard this afternoon. Within an hour of the post, I looked back and noticed one nibbling at the grass outback. I thought it was strange that it was alone. I have no idea at what point the males leave their mother's side, but that was one thought that crossed my mind. Then a few minutes later, it was all answered. HE showed up. (Click on pic for larger view)

There was a moment of silence in our house as he graced us with his presence. He is a beautiful chocolate brown with a stripe running across his hind end. I counted 5 points, and the other one must be his doe.

I have to laugh because I've had terrible luck with cameras lately, and the latest arrived just today. I ripped it out the wall to get this shot through the blinds, and I'm just thankful I could figure out how to get it on.

No comments: