Wednesday, March 3, 2010

And again

Just when you thought the blizzard was it, we got another helping of 14+ inches of snow. That brings us to a grand total of 45+" this year. A record for this area, and a fitting farewell for us. I think NJ is sorry to see us go, and Mother Nature wanted to hand it to us on a silver platter.

As you know, I made it through the first storm with the help of my neighbors. This one originally was predicted to be 3-6" and done by Friday afternoon. By Wednesday, flights were being cancelled to and from Newark, and I could feel my heart sink with the knowledge that B would most likely not make it in to see us after two weeks of being away. It was devastating, and killed the usual excitement that comes with the arrival of snow. B's flight was cancelled for Friday, but somehow, some way, he figured out a way to get home on Thursday night, and for that he scored HUGE points. Not only did he have the opportunity to dig us out (something he enjoys), but we also were very grateful for and extra day with Daddy. The kids especially enjoyed the snow ramp he built off the back porch. I'm not sure who had more fun....B or the girls.

The girls love to taste the newly fallen snow.
I've added tons of snow pictures to our picture site. This includes newly added ones to the Blizzard File. Click HERE to see more.


No comments: