Monday, February 15, 2010

Weekend was a Wash

We had big plans this weekend. The kids were off Friday and Monday for President's Day, so months ago, we planned a weekend with friends. We were going to go down to Lavalette, NJ to stay at Karen's parents shore house. It was going to be a last hurrah of sorts for our families, and the kids couldn't wait.

The girls and I flew in from Florida on Monday. Tuesday, Lise' went to school, and Wednesday the blizzard hit, so no more school for the rest of the week.

On Tuesday, Karen's family started coming down with the 12 hr bug that is running rampant through school right now. I didn't go near them for fear of getting this thing for the weekend. We even pushed our departure off until Saturday to give her family one more day to recover.

On Friday, B flew in. It was his birthday, but we were saving our celebration for the weekend. We had also saved Abri's 3rd birthday celebration for then too. She wanted an Orangey Party. I made an orange cake, everyone had their orange shirts, and there were orange party favors. It was all set.

12:45am on Sat. Abri wakes up vomiting. She wanted to go back to bed, so we let her. Maybe it was just a coincidence, right? NOT. We were up all night long. At 5am, Lise' joined in the party. It was a day of sitting around our family room with a 5 gallon bucket in the middle. I had an upset stomach, but that was about it. I had battled the nausea and thought I had won. True to what we had heard, 12 hours later, the girls were showing signs of great improvement. We decided to go down to join our friends the next morning after a good night's rest.

We arrived, we ate lunch, the kids ran off with their friends, and I had what I thought was a sinus headache. That grew into nausea, and by the evening, I was stalking the bathroom. Of all weekends! Are you kidding me???? I had to miss the lobster boil, I missed Abri blowing her candles out. I missed the Orangey Party. I'm so sad for that because she had been planning this for months. The night got worse before it got better, and halfway through the night, B came down with this evil bug.

This morning, we packed up and headed home. We've spent this weekend of birthdays, Valentine's Day and time with friends sick, and it stinks!

Right now, B is outside shoveling his car out so that he can make it to the airport tomorrow morning. More snow showers coming our way. The leftover snow is still piled high in the yard. I'm done. I've had enough snow. Send spring our way, please!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Florida is coming soon! This is your last major winter for a while!! I'm sorry your weekend was so bad... but you certainly won't forget it.