Monday, August 17, 2009

Our little Raisinette



As many of you have heard by now, Abri had a bit of an interesting afternoon yesterday. It all started when she and Lise' were sharing a bowl of trail mix. I was busy vacuuming the den when Lise' told me Abri had put a raisin in her nose, and it didn't come out.

B got the flashlight out, but her little nostrils are so small, it was hard to see if there was anything in there. When asked, Abri kept pointing to the same side, so we had to assume it was still in there. For a split second, B did mention he had a pair of needle nose pliers, which we may have tried if it were still within reach, but it wasn't, so it was off to the ER.

I filled in the paperwork and was in the pediatric wing in under 10 minutes. That's when the nurse came around the corner and asked, "Now what side is the razor in"? Me: "Excuse me? Razor? No, raisin"! Whew, no telling where that would have gone.

So, the pediatrician came in with the tool to shine up her nose. At first she couldn't find it, and we were beginning to wonder if I had been had. After several attempts at different angles, she found it. It was there, just way back there. So, I leaned back on the hospital bed and held Abri in my lap. I held her arms down while another nurse held her head still. The doc pulled out the 6 inch pair of tweezers and pulled that sucker out in seconds. It was a big one too! Everything was so fast, she didn't squirm or cry. It was great. Now it's just funny to listen to her tell her story.

No comments: