Thursday, May 7, 2009

So what exactly did B do while we were gone?

Remember how much I was in love with the kitchen when we moved in?-NOT!

Well, I'm happy to announce that demolition has begun! I'll pause for your applause.
The walls come down










The floor comes up




The beam finally goes up after a permit is secured. B is quite proud of himself for installing it alone.

Once the slate floor was removed, B determined that the majority of the plywood subfloor had to be replaced. That created huge holes down to the basement that intrigued the girls.



The 2 ft of counterspace I have now is more efficient than the entire previous kitchen.




Where do we stand now? The original cabinets we removed from a house and stored in the basement have had water damage. Therefore, a new cabinet order has been placed, and they should be in around May 26. B intends to install them himself, so if anyone out there is having and HGTV moment, we welcome you to visit.

2 comments:

carmelanne2001 said...

B is an outstanding worker and a million in 1 husband. I proud to call him son-in-law.
Love,
Carmel

Kelly said...

I had NO IDEA B was so handy!! It looks good and I can't wait to see the "after" pictures. Oh...is that B with a tu-tu on his head?
Thought so.