Monday, March 23, 2009

Weekend View



I was sitting here just a while ago trying to figure out exactly what we did this weekend. Originally, we thought it was going to be warm enough to hike the newly expanded Hudson Trail along the bay, but the wind wasn't allowing that. Then, we thought we'd get a head start on the house renovations, but with the kids climbing the walls, we decided at the last minute to go to the St. Patrick's Day parade in Highlands, NJ-right next door to our town. As a former Louisiana resident, I think I have the authority to say that it was at best a C. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we went, but it consisted of every bagpipe group around (which was cool, but after the 1st few, they blend), and handful of politicians, a beauty queen, the high school band, one or two "floats" advertising local businesses and every fire truck from 5 miles around. The best throw they had going was gum wrapped like shamrocks. And, what parent wants their young kids chewing that stuff? All I can say is that we've been there, done that, and next year, I may just find something else to do.



No comments: