Thursday, December 4, 2008

Fa la la la la la la la la

It's that time of year & music is in the air. I hope that little title keeps you singing the whole month long.
I guess you've been wondering what we've been up to. To Mom and Dad arrived on Thanksgiving Day, and we didn't stop the whole time they were here. While B and Lise' went to the airport, Abri and I were at home cooking the traditional meal. I outsourced the turkey, but cooked all the favorite sides of spinach Madeline, green bean casserole, sweet potato souffle, cranberry relish, cheesecake and apple pie. Ok, I really had a free apple pie from a local farm, but who's checking. We were joined by our friend Richie, who we first met when he was our neighbor in Dallas. Unfortunately, I'm just realizing I didn't take any pictures of the big event. Close your eyes and imagine.

At the conclusion of dinner, there was a big knock at the door. Lise' raced to see who it was, and on the stoop was a package from Santa. In it was the Elf on the Shelf. It's an elf sent by Santa to be his eyes and ears. Lise' named ours Sammy, and Sammy watches her all day long. At night, after she and Abri have gone to sleep, Sammy goes back to the North Pole where he tells Santa if everyone in the house had been naughty or nice. He changes locations each night, so when they wake in the morning, it's a search to see where Sammy has chosen to sit for the day. He's only here for the Season, so after Christmas, he will return to the North Pole until next year. He's been an EXCELLENT addtion to our family. Just the other day, Lise' came running to tell me that Abri had pushed her, but she didn't push back because Sammy was watching. Be sure to click above to check out Sammy's site.

I must run to fix dinner. I'm on my own tonight, so I have to be everything to everybody. More exciting news and photos to come!

No comments: