Sunday, November 2, 2008

Where oh where is my camera?

I promised more pics to come, and I can come through, but not completely. The pictures I posted on Halloween were actually from our town's parade the Sunday prior. Lucky for me, I downloaded the pictures to the computer before heading out for Trick-Or-Treating.

All the festivities begin early up here. The kids are out of school at 2:30, and they leave school in their costumes and begin going door to door. The weather was absolutely gorgeous, and it turned out I didn't have to worry about dressing the girls in layers.

For the parade, both went as fish, and B was their fisherman. It was the funniest thing. B carried a fishing rod with a rubber fish on the end, and the girls enjoyed trying to catch it in their hands. It wasn't a planned thing, but they really did mimic fish biting at the bait. Everyone complimented us on Grandma's custom made costumes. The only people that seemed to be blind were the judges. I know I'm slightly biased, but the majority of kids were in their fairy, witch & spider man costumes. All cute, but not original by any means. After the parade, we all gathered at the firehouse for the costume contest, and they must have given out 30+ awards. Can you believe we didn't win one single thing? We weren't #1 by any means, but my gosh. They were cuter than half the kids out there. It must be the judges that were biased!

As for actual Halloween night, the girls gave up their fish costumes in exchange for costumes out the dress up box. Lise' went as a cowboy princess (complete with pink cowboy boots) and Abri wore the Mini Mouse costume with mouse ears. They were both adorable. We went to a friend's house for the night, so I'm hoping they call soon with news that they've found my camera. Otherwise, I may have to get the girls to dress up again for the sake of posting a picture.

All in all, they had a great time. This was the first time Lise' really understood what the night was all about. At about the 10th house, she received a full sized candy bar. Instead of saying Thank You, she said WOO HOO! It was the funniest thing. Eventually, I headed back to Karen's house with Abri and our husbands kept the bigger girls out. When they finally got back, there was a look of pride on their faces with their loot in hand. If only I could find my camera! Darn it!!!!! I will post a few more pics on our picture website (link on the right side of the blog), so be sure to check there for more entertaining photos.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Have you found your camera yet?