Thursday, June 19, 2008

Catch up

Hello, Hello, I'm back. And here's a brief recap of what's been going on since we returned home from Utah.

The Friday after, we took the girls to a NYC Yankees game. Overall, we're not MLB fans, but someone gave B the tickets, so we said why not. The game started at 7pm, so driving was not an option. After considering driving (NO WAY-we'd have to go thru Manhattan in rush hour), taking the ferry from our town (slightly costly), driving to Staten Island and taking the ferry (too many steps), we settled on riding the train into the city. Lise' had been asking to do it for weeks, so it was an adventure. The girls and I drove up and met B at the train station near his work. Abri was in the backpack, and somewhere, lost in cyberspace is my incredibly cute picture of her in it. When I relocate it, I'll be sure to post.

Once in the city, we had to transfer to the subway, which Lise' loves. I'm thinking she's a born people watcher. As we inched closer to Yankee stadium, the subway became packed with all the fans. It was fun to be a part of it. The game didn't' start until 7pm, so we were already pushing it with the girls bedtimes. I believe we stayed through the 4th inning or so. I know to all you baseball fans out there you're thinking, "what's the point in going," but we had 2 small children with us. If you've ever had children or been around children, you understand. Lise' had a ball, although I'm not sure she ever really saw one. She was more interested in the vendors walking around selling things. If you ask her what she enjoyed most, it was the Cracker Jack and hot dog.

We promised her the cotton candy for next time. As for the good pics, they too are missing, but I do have a few OK ones.


The following day was an exciting one because Grandma came to visit! Lise' just loves when she comes, we all do. It's never enough time to do everything we want to do.
While Grandma was here, B and I worked at painting our back room. It's the same room he recently put the wood down. It looks great now, but it's not quite ready for pictures, so you'll have to hang on a few more days. During all the painting, the girls spent a lot of time in the backyard. It was still a little cool for swimming, but they splashed around each and every day. We took Grandma to the beach one day, and down to Pt. Pleasant to experience the boardwalk.
As you can see, they had a ball with the paint.





I'll have to post more pics of this day when I can get them off B's computer.

No comments: