Friday, February 8, 2008

Ok, Ok, I'm back!

It's been a busy week. Things were rather quiet last week, but we more than made up for it in the past couple of days.

For starters, B's parents arrived for visit last Friday, and we've been going strong ever since. I won't be able to get it all posted tonight, but I'll fulfill the addiction you know you have to our ever exciting site.

Mimi & Papa were delayed in their arrival, so I let the girls stay up a little late last Friday night. Here's a few "Too Cute not to Post" moments.


The next day was so pretty, we figured we'd better get out because rain was forecasted the rest of the week. Lucky for us, we only had to drive right up the street to explore Sandy Hook portion of Gateway National Recreation Area. It's the start of the "Joizy" Shore, and it's beautiful. There's all sorts of things to do, but it was pretty windy that day, so we drove around and visited indoor sites with promises to return when the weather warmed.


One site we visited was teh Sandy Hook Lighhouse, which is the oldest operating lighthouse in the country. This is obviously not from the day we visited.

We ended the day by making one last stop at the beach on our way home. Apparently seals can be seen this time a year off the shore, and one had been sighted that morning. Abri was napping, so everyone but me and her bundled and climbed the sea wall to look. In that time, Abri woke up, and I couldn't stand it anymore, I had to go too. Have a look see....

Walking toward the sea wall. This is all I could see from the car.

Ahh, the other side

I've always heard of the Jersey Shore, but images of hypodermic needles crossed my mind. Who ever thought it could be this beautiful, and shells-THEY WERE EVERYWHERE! There were so many that you didn't feel guilty smashing them with your shoes as you walked. You know I'm a shell nut, and I've never seen anything like it. I'm so lucky this is a 5 min drive from our house. My only problem is that I'll have to limit myself to how many I bring home each time.

Lise' and Papa found themselves "trapped" for a short time.


The next morning turned out to be even prettier, so after lunch, we went in search of the seals. We did spot a couple, but they were pretty far from the shore, and we had forgotten to bring our binoculars. It turned into another shelling day. I found 2 sand dollars too.

It was quite a walk to the water. The day before, we were only a half mile up the shore, but beach was completely different. Check out the ship in the distance.

No ordinary bucket for Lise'.

I think Lise' was born to be here.

We had the place to ourselves.


For weeks, Lise' has been asking me when the snow was going to arrive because she wants to make snow angels. We have the snow suit, the boots, the gloves, the works just waiting for the moment. Still haven't seen the stuff stick. B and I just figured we'd have to head to the mountains to fulfill her wish.

As you can see, she made it happen on her own. I never mentioned it at the beach. I only turned around to find her taking matters into her own hands. How could you stop her! Click on pics to enlarge or slow down rotation. Then click again to close.




As Bugs used to say, "That's all folks." Tomorrow is Abri's 1st birthday. Where has time gone?

Goodnight.

1 comment:

Addie said...

Julie you should have the pic of Mr. Ed and Lise walking down the beach framed. It is beautiful and artistic!