Sunday, January 20, 2008

Where's the White Stuff?


Please tell me why it is that when we move to the NORTH, there is no snow? I'm not asking for lots of it, but a nice coating would do it. We've seen flurries, but it wasn't even enough to get excited over. Then, I turn on the weather channel yesterday, and all they could talk about was the snow in Alabama. Enough about that.

We had a pretty lay low kind of weekend. I'm happy to say that I did unpack a few more boxes. Unfortunately, progress was slowed a little by Abri. On Friday, she quietly made my nightmare come true. As many know, our stairwell doesn't have a railing, and therefore, there's no way to attach a baby gate to it. B has plans to install one, but just like everything else, it takes time, and it seems everything has to get in line these days. Our makeshift barrier in the meantime was boxes, strollers, or whatever was in the room at the time. None of the above stopped her. Things were too quiet. I heard her, and then I heard her tumble down. I hate that sound. The noise that came out of her wasn't great either. Luckily, she survived without visable bruising. That feeling was enough to make me want to erect an 8ft. fence around it though. On Saturday, the building of the rail was moved up to the top of the list, and we made a trip to Home Depot. Hopefully B will have time this week to work on it. Otherwise, when Mr. Ed visits in a few weeks, there may be a project waiting on him.

Lise's new puzzle she received for her birthday.

Abri's new game

Lise' finally got a haircut!

The netting over the top bunk of the bed. I bought it before deciding to get a bunk.

Abri checking our the new barrior to the basement stairs.

As I said, she'll climb into anything and everything!

1 comment:

Angie said...

I am glad Abri survived the fall without too much trauma. Watch out for the bunk bed now!!! I love the pic of her in the fridge. Your girls are soooo cute!