Sunday, January 13, 2008

Still getting used to this place

As for the days prior to this one, we've been busy. On Tuesday, my parents flew in to Newark, and I had to make my first drive alone on the Garden State and the NJ Turnpike. It was relatively successful until I found out on a return trip yesterday that I missed paying a toll (twice). Oops. In my defense, I was following the signs that said TOLL (overhead) and missed the ones painted on the road saying "EZ PASS LANE". Just another reason not to like this gosh forsaken place. The list is growing. While we're on the subject, I received another little "Welcome to the NE" in the form of gas and electric bills the other day. Knowing that it would cost more to heat, we have our thermostat turned way down, but the bills still totalled almost $500. It's not like I have all the lights on in the house, the heater running all day and a laundry mat going in my basement. Can you hear the disgust in my voice? Not even in Utah was it EVER near that cost. Wow is about all I can say. Send cans, it may be the only way we can eat this month.

1 comment:

Amy said...

We know all about the tickets you rack up when you don't yet understand the toll system! You've gotta get one of those automatic toll pay thingies that go on your windshield. I don't know about the New Jersey system, but we bought ours at the grocery store and activated it online. We love it! Best of luck with your first "real winter" too, it takes some getting used to!