Monday, October 29, 2007

We're back.

Really, I've been back in Alabama for 5 or so days, but it feels like forever. This separation of us from B is starting to wear on all of us, and we're just ready to be under the same roof. We'll keep chugging though. Just know that I'm doing my best to upload pics, but it may be a little slow.

That being said, we've been up to a lot. Right after Critter Creek, the girls and I headed to Louisiana. We hung out at Grandma and Papa's house for a few days. Lise' always loves the extra attention. I took the girls to have their pictures made. Unfortunately, I was dealing with Lise', who hasn't sat still for a picture since she could sit up, and Abri, who was a little under the weather. We still don't have all the proofs, but here's a sneak peek.



We also got to join in the new Baton Rouge phenomenon of "Jump Zones." You basically pay a nominal fee for your children to jump in 5 or 6 different spacewalks for 90 minutes. We went with my friend Christy and her kids, Maddie and Ben. They all had a ball. Lise' is hooked! I'm not sure we'll ever be able to visit without taking her. I only wish I had brought my camera. Sorry!

The big moment came on Friday when Lise' went with Papa to the airport to pick up her Daddy. (I was back at the photographer w/ Abri), and I'm sure it was a happy moment all around. It definitely was a great thing to have him back within arms length. There's no doubt about it, we love our daddy!

On Saturday, the fall weather in BR was absolutely beautiful! The newly rejoined Swindell family and Grandma headed to Boo at the Zoo. What fun. It was trick-o-treating around the zoo. Lise' was more adorable than ever, and Grandma's costume was pretty great too.


What fun we had! That night, B and I ran on over to the LSU vs. Auburn game. What an ending. ON Sunday, we packed up the car and drove to Hammond. All good things must come to and end, and B flew back to NJ that Monday. The girls and I hung around Hammond for a few days before heading back to AL. One of the things Lise' enjoyed doing while there was playing with blocks. She insisted that I take this picture to show her Daddy. Isn't it great that you can see how her mind works through the placement of the blocks. If my memory is correct, she was building a train.




I hope that fills th need for now. I swore I'd get to bed earlier tonight, but once again, I'm behind. It's just too much fun watching all the hype on the news over this weekend's game here in Tuscaloosa. Tomorrow night is Trick-O-Treating at UA's sorority row, so I'm not sure I'll be able to fill you in on what's been going on, but look for it in the near future. Hmm...maybe Lise' should go as an LSU cheerleader tomorrow night :-) Nah, guess I won't completely ruin my child's Halloween. Maybe Abri would be up for it.

No comments: